Teacher Diary 8(-3)

August 20, 2013

Job-Alikes Day. This was the day to meet our colleagues from other schools in the district and plan collaboratively. Not much of that really happened, We had some breakout sessions and in one, I learned about a personality inventory called DIRT. Yes, DIRT. It identifies your interpersonal relationship style as a Doer, Influencer, Relater, or Thinker. It’s almost scarily accurate. If teammates actually used this to guide their interactions, much progress could be made; after all, the number one reason people quit jobs is because they “can’t get along” with the people they work with (or for). Take two minutes and try it: http://www.iidc.indiana.edu/cedir/dirt/ I’ll be happy to share my results… tomorrow.

About these ads
  1. August 21, 2013 12:48 am

Apparently I don’t think.

YOU ARE A INFLUENCER
    Your Influencer score is: 12
    find out more about this profile on the Influencer page

Your Doer score is: 7
    find out more about this profile on the Doer page

Your Relater score is: 5
    find out more about this profile on the Relater page

Your Thinker score is: 0
    find out more about this profile on the Thinker page

2. August 21, 2013 12:58 am

And apparently I have trouble getting things done. Larry the Cable Guy is ashamed of me, I think. I’m not trying to influence your opinion of this inventory . . . oh wait, I can’t.

You are a Relater
    Your Relater score is: 10
    Your Thinker score is: 9
    Your Doer score is: 3
    Your Influencer score is: 2

3. August 21, 2013 2:42 am

Eerily accurate… Seriously Squirrel man??
    I’m an influencer with attack tendencies… Does this make a sociopath?? Thanks.

Your Influencer score is: 8
    find out more about this profile on the Influencer page

Your Thinker score is: 6
    find out more about this profile on the Thinker page

Your Doer score is: 6
    find out more about this profile on the Doer page

Your Relater score is: 4
    find out more about this profile on the Relater page

4. August 21, 2013 8:23 am

YOU ARE A DOER
    Your Doer score is: 8
    Your Influencer score is: 7
    Your Relater score is: 5
    Your Thinker score is: 4

Is that good or bad? I mean for a dog?

5. August 21, 2013 12:47 pm

I’m a Doer…and an almost Influencer. This was spot on!

6. August 22, 2013 9:39 pm

YOU ARE A RELATER
    Your Relater score is: 10
    find out more about this profile on the Relater page

Your Thinker score is: 8
    find out more about this profile on the Thinker page

Your Doer score is: 3
    find out more about this profile on the Doer page

Your Influencer score is: 3
    find out more about this profile on the Influencer page

THE RELATERS
    Relaters are valuable to a team because they are great at building relationships! They tend to be motivated by being appreciated and building harmonious relationships. They are very interested in personal interactions, sometimes to the detriment of the task. They are great communicator and encourage two-way flow. They are also excellent listeners. Emotionally, they are warm and friendly. Their decision making process is somewhat slow, due to wanting input from others. When stressed they tend to acquiesce.

7. November 1, 2013 7:58 pm

Just thought I would check on you. How’s the year going?

8. November 8, 2013 11:05 pm