T-39: Leap of Faith

February 27, 2013

Today, a meeting was scheduled during which my colleagues were going to select an interview committee. They’ll be interviewing candidates for my job, since I’m moving at the end of the year. Hearing of this made the reality of this impending move more concrete for me than ever before. I’m starting to get a bit nervous– what if I don’t find a job down there? I told one person today that this was a “leap of faith.” We all have to take those from time to time, right?

Leap, for even if you fall, you were still higher than ever before, if only for a moment. And never forget your best friends…

About these ads
  1. February 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Are you calling yourself a frog?
    x,
    Becca

2. February 28, 2013 3:11 am

It’s true Jason, sometimes you gotta throw it all into the back of a U-haul and drive off into the Sunset. At least you’ll make it to where I was suppose too, lol. Whatever you do, don’t STOP along the way! Just keep driving until you get there!

• February 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Well I’m not even planning on the U-Haul. Just what will fit in my Escort. It’ll be hard to drive into the sunset, though, as I will generally be going east ;)

• February 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Well, I wasn’t being literal although I guess in my case I sort of was, lol. And you’ll be saving a helluva lot more money with just an Escort then we did with a U-haul and an Olds 88, HA!

3. February 28, 2013 5:00 am

I am worried about you portraying Becca as an orangutan. That doesn’t bode well for a happy start.

• February 28, 2013 5:10 am

ROFL! You have a point there Sasha… he hasn’t gotten there yet and e’s already in the doghouse.

• February 28, 2013 7:08 pm

She told me that if they were the two of us, she’d be the dog. You can ask her about that…

• February 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Now worried about her inability to identify it as a cat. Oh well. There is just no helping some people.

• February 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Um, Sasha, did you actually watch the video? ;)

• February 28, 2013 7:55 pm

My bad – now stop wasting my day with youtube videos. I’m trying to get work done.

• February 28, 2013 7:37 pm

LMAO you didn’t watch the video. It is a dog… goof. ;)

4. February 28, 2013 11:41 am

The move from theory to reality always requires adjustments; sometimes they can be unpleasant, but often they open new, unforeseen vistas. The important thing is to leap with your whole being, and to enjoy the rush of the journey.

• February 28, 2013 7:11 pm

I agree. I can tell you often look into the sunset. It’s reflected in your sunglasses ;)

5. March 4, 2013 10:27 am

DO IT!!! I put my shit in storage… my mother’s storage and moved to Italy with my dog and a suitcase!! It’s great!

• March 4, 2013 9:42 pm

I’m doing the same… except Round Rock, Texas; not quite as glamorous as Italy, but it will work for me :)